< img height="1" width="1" style="display:none" src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=398961464264418&ev=PageView&noscript=1" /> tone

Looking for building work

Trade Assist Looking for building work and opportunities

Are you looking for building work? Well, if you've got the right stuff, the New Zealand construction industry NEEDS YOU.

There is a massive housing shortage in New Zealand. According to the Government’s Stock take of New Zealand’s Housing report, in Auckland alone, that shortage amounts to around 45,000 units.

The obvious solution, of course, is to build more houses. Doing so, however, isn’t so easy because several things are blocking the way — like a lack shortfall of about 30,000 skilled workers. The Government’s soon-to-begin Kiwibuild project will only make matters worse.

How we can help you get a piece of the action

Since we've been in business, we have built a reputation for integrity and providing dependable and skilled labour. And, over the years, we have developed strong relationships with some of New Zealand's largest construction companies.

If you’re a qualified tradie with New Zealand citizenship, all you have to do is register for work or give one of our recruitment consultants a call. As primarily a labor-hire company, we will employ and pay you and then place you with our construction clients. By working for us, you'll enjoy work flexibility and variety, and if you want, full-time hours.

No qualifications but you want to enter the construction industry?

Working with a labour-hire company is a great way to get a start in construction. We can initially hire you in an unskilled role, like a labourer or hammerhand. If you turn out to have the right attitude and aptitude for the building industry, we can put you through an apprenticeship and provide a long-term career path.

Are you from overseas?

One of the initiatives the Government proposes for solving New Zealand’s housing crisis is changing its immigration policy to make it easier for building companies to employ overseas workers.

So, if you have the skills and experience that the New Zealand construction industry needs, you may be eligible to apply for a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category (SMC). SMC works on a points system, which takes into account your age, qualifications, experience and an offer of skilled employment.

To benefit from the immigration policy changes, all labour-hire companies will have to be Immigration New Zealand (INZ) accredited, which Trade Assist is. For more information, click here, or contact one of our recruitment consultants who can provide free immigration assistance and information.

Get in touch

So, are you looking for building work? If so, please contact one of our recruitment consultants at 0800 999 599 or register here.

Go back

Need manpower?

Connect now

Want work?

Find Jobs